Pain Management in Downtown San Diego– Enjoying Life and Good Health
Pain management is an important part of healthcare and wellbeing. It can be useful for both short-term and chronic conditions, allowing those who are dealing with pain to enjoy their day and be more productive. Pain management does not involve one type of treatment. It includes a range of techniques designed to address specific problems.
What Is Pain Management?
Pain management is focused on alleviating or eliminating pain. Ongoing pain can be debilitating physically, emotionally, and psychologically. Those who have deep, severe, or chronic pain may have trouble functioning in the most basic manner. Pain management is devoted on helping those who have pain issues that impede their ability to perform daily functions, attend to work duties, and enjoy life.
Pain management techniques include:
• Injection Therapy – Injection therapies that do not utilize steroids can help to alleviate and also support tissue healing. Stem cell therapy and platelet rich plasma therapy are treatments that have been used successfully in pain management.
• Microcurrent Therapy – Sending resonating currents into specific tissues can help to reduce pain by changing the affected tissues. These changes aid in decreasing nervous system, organ, and musculoskeletal problems that can cause pain and inflammation.
• Pharmaceutical Therapy – The use of prescription drugs can be beneficial in alleviating pain. Often prescription pain medication can be used in conjunction with other therapies.
• Manipulation Therapy – This includes massage and chiropractic therapies and is used to relieve pain and realign the musculoskeletal system.
• Acupuncture Therapy – This type of treatment, which was developed in China, utilizes many small, thin needles that are inserted into specific parts of the body.
• Natural Therapy – Many people prefer homeopathic and botanical remedies due to the fact that they are non-addictive. Natural remedies that include various nutrients have been found to reduce inflammation and pain.
• IV Therapy – When a problem first occurs or is ongoing a patient may benefit from intravenous therapy which supplies much needed nutrients to the body. IV therapy quickly helps to increase energy, aids detoxification, and boosts the immune system. Thus, it addresses underlying issues that may be causing pain.
Pain Versus Discomfort
In working with your doctor on pain management, one of the aspects that will need to be defined will be how intense and serious the pain is. Are you in pain or really feeling discomfort, what is the cause of the pain, and what is the best approach in providing relief? Other important considerations include the source and nature of the pain, the manner in which it is affecting you, and how long it may endure.
When you are undergoing treatment for pain management it is important that you be monitored properly. Depending on the types of therapies being used there are various factors that need to be considered. As an example, if you are utilizing a form of drug therapy, the type of pharmaceutical that is utilized will be important. Concerns include safety in terms of dosage, side effects, and whether or not the medication is addictive.
Also needed is monitoring of actual pain relief. How well is your pain responding to therapy, can you perform daily functions, might there be a need to alter, adjust, or change treatment? These are just a few of the questions that should be addressed.
Overall, pain management is focused on one thing, making sure that the patient can perform to an optimum level in consideration of the pain they are experiencing. Sometimes pain management can completely eliminate the agony a patient is dealing with, while other times it may lessen the pain. It may include using a combination of approaches to finally achieve the results you desire, and it can certainly take some time to find a therapy that is right for you. When involved in pain management work closely with your physician to obtain the best possible results.
Pacific Medical Care in San Diego offers top pain management treatment in downtown, along with making house calls for those in need. Most insurance is accepted, and appointments are readily available, call us today!